Thursday, April 21, 2016

Freed To Be Found

.... Before I met Ronnie, I dated a guy that, at the time, you couldn't have told me wasn't my husband to be. He was a great man, the 1st saved man I ever dated. He encouraged me and helped me grow in faith, we chose to do things God's way and didn't have sex and he was exactly what/who God needed me to have in my life for that season.

      But, a day came when he told me that he didn't understand, but God was telling him to leave me alone. He did, and it devastated me. He didn't understand, I didn't understand and it just down right HURT to the core. In obedience he ended our relationship, BUT over the next few days, we still tried to hold on. We went out to eat, went to church together, enjoyed conversations. But, I'll #never in my life forget his words on the 3rd day we "tried" this..... He sat me down, looked me in my eyes and said, "Dre', you know I love you, but if God tells me to leave you alone, I've GOT to leave you alone." There was silence...we cried, he kissed my forehead, and I walked him to the door.

        It took weeks of fasting and praying to recognize that as being one of the BEST days of my life. WHY/HOW?!?!? Because he was obedient and left me alone, I was able to NOT miss my #truehusband. You see, there is an appointed day & time for EVERYTHING.... and that moment, for my husband to #findme was vastly approaching. In fact, he'd been sending compliments to me thru our brother Marshall,  but because of my faithfulness to this guy, I sent my "thank yous" but didn't care one bit.....

       Some may take this the wrong way and say something ignorant like I'm being disrespectful to my husband by sharing this, but this is part of the GREATNESS of our story that he's heard a million times. So, #RealizeThis: There is NOTHING wrong with some of the greatest friendships and relationships you ever had being SEASONAL.... TEMPORARY.... Nothing at all. Listen to God and obey him at all cost. It's SO worth it to trust and obey Him, #even when you don't understand. I thank God SO often for that guy's obedience.  For without it, I will have probably missed being with the most incredible man I've EVER met.... flaws and all. My husband is the greatest guy, and God created him just for me and me for him. THANK YOU LORD!!!!
#TrustGod #ObeyGod #UnderstandingWillFollow #andtheRewardsOMGGGG.... #HallelujahandAmen!!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment